Please note that this site is under construction, so results from calculators are not finalised. Results may change as the algorithms in this tool evolve and are refined over time.
The tool should be used in conjunction with the associated guideline and user manual:
To begin please register and/or log in if you have not already. Registration is free.Register
To get started on project performance against design objectives, go to ‘My Projects’ in the top menu and then click on the ‘New Project’ button. Complete the three pages of the tool and submit it to be able to generate reports.
To generate reports go to ‘Reporting’ in the top menu. You can save a draft project, or return and edit or update a completed project at any time.
Ensure you save your changes using the ‘Save Draft’ button in the tool or the ‘Update’ button on the second page.
06 March 2019 – Moved Additional Site Storage Section. Added functionality so that entering a number in the Additional Site Storage section shows a diagram of the required system. The diagram shown is Dentention if OSD is chosen in the ‘Catchment Strategy’ dropdown or Retention / infiltration if this is chosen in the ‘Catchment Strategy’ dropdown.
– Also tool now hides the tick boxes to use recycled water for laundry and Hot Water Service if recycled water is ticked. Laundry and HWS use of recycled water is not currently approved in SA.
13 Feb 2019 – Changed post development runoff coefficient to align with development type. Non-residential developments will now require marginally larger storage volumes to meet the more stringent requirements for Commercial and Industrial drainage. Details:
The runoff coefficient is designed to align with the FLOW Performance objective in the ‘Guide’:
Guideline objective 2.1: Stormwater flow management performance measure – residential development
• Post development peak rate of runoff from the development site for the critical design storm shall not exceed that from the pre-development site from a 5-year ARI (0.2 EY) storm event.
• This option is automatically loaded if in the ‘New development type’ drop-down menu ‘Non-residential development’ is not selected.
Guidelines objective 2.2: Stormwater flow management performance measure – commercial, industrial and institutional development
• Post development peak rate of runoff from the development site for the critical design storm shall not exceed that from the pre-development site from a 20 year ARI (5% AEP) storm event.
• This option automatically loaded if in the ‘New development type’ drop-down menu ‘Non-residential development’ is selected.
Jan 2019 – Added the option to add permeable paving. The permeable paving area will now be counted as pervious surface, and as such will not generate stormwater in a small rain event (less than 1 in 5 years).